Thursday, June 30, 2011

So I know a Chaos Jump Pack Chaplin has been done...

but sometimes you just need to steal someones ideas....

Yeah the Jump Pack Chaplin has been converted to Chaos with the bat wings more than any other loyalist model in history. Yet it's just so damn cool & it fits in with Word Bearers so well how can I not do it again?!


The Raptors I posted last week are meant to be this guys retinue. I also modeled him with lightening claw. I plan on running him as a Wolf Priest but I wanted the option of running him as a Wolf Lord with a Wolf Claw.

As you can see it’s also a failcast model. Actually I didn’t have to many problems with it, yes there were a grew things that needed to be filled but it otherwise wasn’t horrible. His weapon IS bent & that drives me nuts as I’m a perfectionist but it could have been worse. Also I abhor the old metals & hadn’t bought a pewter mini in years. Finecast is certainly easier to work with & convert & for me that's a big plus. All in all I think Finecast is meh but for me at least I like it a lot more than the metals. If they make some improvements it could be great stuff.

Hope everyone has a great 4th for all you fellas in the States


Special thanks goes out to Ryan from On The Painting Table for his plug on his Space Marine supplemental to the weekly top ten for my Raptor squad!

5 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the best sculpts out there and because your conversion looks fantastic I will overlook your traitorous ways...will add you to my blog exchange to see how this develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice work dude, I did the same (albeit with a metal one) and despite some deep lacerations and cutting off a portion of my left index finger I was quite happy with how it came out:

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3178/5746171875_ddf4fa5d4b_b.jpg

    Want to get the finecast one and do it again though so I can make the cuts a bit smoother and remove the purity seals easier.

    He'll look great painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Redscorps a.k.a Red. Thanks man! I love yours! Ever since I started doing my Word Bearers I've been feeling the lure of the Blood God... your model is not helping me stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much obliged for your understanding for your phenomenal posting. I'm happy I have set aside an ideal opportunity to see this. Using Deskgram you can upload photos to instagram from PC/MAC, like and comment on post, follow unfollow profile, check news feed and many more.

    ReplyDelete